The announcements for this week are the following:
Congratulations to our Senior Class of 2013
On Monday, June 3rd at 6:00 PM the senior class of 2013 will be graduating at Tropicana Field. Congratulations to our seniors and their families.
Cheerleading Tryout Results
Congratulations to the 2013-2014 Osceola Fundamental High cheerleading teams. If you would like to decline the position, please email Mrs. Griggs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Ms. Wier if you are a varsity football cheerleader and would like to cheer both varsity football and varsity basketball in the 2013-2014 seasons. Ms. Wier. (727) 222-9839 (text or email at email@example.com
3, 7, **8, 9, 10, 11, 12, **14, 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 30, 32
4, 33, **35, 40, 43, **44, 46, 47,50,51,53, 54, 55, 59,60, 62, 67
1, 2, 5, 6, 13, 18, **19, 20, **21, 25, 29, 31, 36, 42, 45
34, 37, 38, **39, 41, 49, 52, 56, 57, 58, 61, 63, 64, 65, 66, 68, **69
** denotes captain for each team
SUMMER ASSIGNMENTS & INFORMATION
Any teacher who has a class of all seniors is expected to proctor in the auditorium during this class period/exam.
The highlights are below:
All seniors taking exams need to report to the auditorium at 7:05 on Tuesday and Thursday, and report to the Cafeteria on Wednesday at 7:05. Remember, periods 3 and 4 exams are on Tuesday, period 5 exam on Wednesday, and Periods 6 and 7 on Thursday. Seniors will report to their first period teacher on Friday for their final day of exams.
- Seniors will take the following exams early: 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th.
- All exams will be in the Auditorium – Mr. Martens will coordinate this.
- Seniors will have about an hour in the mornings for exam review/study hall. This will take place in the auditorium.
Dual Enrollment, etc. will be over by the time exams begin. Students are expected to stay for the entire school day and will not be dismissed from exams until the exam period is over. OJT students MUST make arrangements with their employers ahead of time, due to district policies, we cannot make any exceptions or allow anyone to leave during an exam period.
- Any questions or concerns about early exams should be directed to Mrs. Campbell
- Seniors will take their 1st and 2nd period exams following the regular school exam schedule which begins on Friday, May 31
- The last day for seniors is Friday, May 31. Seniors do not report to school on Monday, June 3rd or thereafter.
- Graduation is 6PM Tropicana Field, 6/3.
Exam Schedule for 9th - 11th Grade Students
Any incoming freshmen boys and girls interested in trying out for the OFHS Golf Team contact Coach Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seniors should put in a request for FINAL END OF THE YEAR Transcripts to be sent to the University they will be attending. Please see Ms. Valdes, our Data Management clerk located in Guidance to learn how to request them. The fee is $2 per official transcript and the FINAL Transcripts will be sent electronically or mailed if not able to send electronically mid-June after all the final grades have posted. If you have requested, but not paid for your transcripts please do so by June 5th.
Summer and Fall Dual Enrollment at SPC
- Students who want to participate in summer or fall Dual Enrollment at SPC- the final deadline to see your counselor for paperwork is June 4.
- The registration deadline for summer Florida Virtual classes or Fall FLVS release periods is June 4th.
- students who plan to participate in Florida Virtual School courses over the summer or have FLVS courses built into their schedule for a release periods in the Fall are encouraged to sign up for their class selections now. The deadline to sign up is June 5. You must sign up before the end of the school year for both summer classes and fall release period classes. The earliest start date you can list for Fall release period classes is August 1st, 2013. Visit flvs.net to sign up.
- Registration is also now open for Pinellas Virtual School for release periods for the Fall of 2013- visit their website at virtualschool.pcsb.org
Class of 2014
- Class of 2014 students, you will soon be receiving appointment cards from Leonard’s Photography for your senior sitting dates. All senior sittings are done at Osceola. The first sittings will be June 6th and 7th. The next opportunity will not be until August 5th and 6th. You must be photographed on one of these days to appear in the 2014 yearbook.
- All cheerleading packets including the application, physical, and proof of insurance is due by 2pm on Fri., May 31st. Bring your paperwork to Mrs. Griggs in portable 6.
AP Exam Scores Online
- With AP Exams taking place, we want to remind you that students will receive their AP scores online this year. Students' online score reports will contain scores for all AP Exams they have taken. Paper score reports will no longer be mailed.
- All students will be able to view scores as of 5 a.m. EDT on Monday, July 8. However, to allow for those students who need to send scores to colleges by July 15, there will be early access to view and send scores at scheduled times from July 5 to July 7, based on a student's location. Students will receive an email shortly before early access begins with reminders about how and when to access their scores.
- For more information, click here to visit the CollegeBoard website.
Dance Team Tryouts
- 2013/14 Dance Team tryout practice - June 10-13 from 9:30-12 noon in the auditorium. Dress - black dance shorts or dance pants, pink t-shirt or tank, dance shoes (ballet, jazz, FootUndeez), hair pulled up (pony tail or bun). BRING WATER!
- Tryouts will be June 17th 10-12 in the auditorium. Same dress code. BRING WATER!
- Parent meeting - May 6th, 7 p.m.
SPC Dual Enrollment
Registration for Dual Enrollment at SPC is currently open for Juniors who would like to enroll into summer courses. For current sophomores and juniors who plan to Dual Enroll in the Fall term, registration opens at SPC on April 24th. The deadline to turn in your permission form to your guidance counselor for both summer and fall sessions is June 5th.
SAC Parent Survey
Parents, please take the SAC school survey that is posted on Osceola's web site. We need your responses to effectively evaluate the school. After accessing the site, you need to click on the Resources tab and then on the Parents link. You will see "parent survey" under the SAC column. This survey is anonymous; web based, and will remain open until the end of this school year. Thank you in advance for you participation.
Student Parking and Drop Off Concerns
Parents, we are still having issues with people dropping off and picking up their students in front of the administration building. This is not…I repeat…is not an authorized drop off/pick up area. The front of the administration building needs to be kept cleared for emergency vehicles. Please cooperate with us by utilizing the student parking pickup area or the south student car circle next to the auditorium.
Student’s over- flow parking area is the north lane of the teacher’s parking lot. Any students parking in an unauthorized parking area will result is a disciplinary referral and possible revoking of driver’s privileges. Parents please help us by reminding your student of this expectation.
Universal Breakfast Program
Please be reminded that Osceola Fundamental High School follows the” universal breakfast program” that all students are allowed 1 free breakfast daily regardless of their lunch status.
Summer School Drivers Education
Summer Drivers Ed
Variety of Scholarships Available:
There is a variety of scholarships available to Pinellas County students through the Pinellas Education Foundation. Many of these scholarships use the same application process. The deadline to apply is approaching. Please visit the Pinellas Education Foundation website and apply for these scholarships.
Parents & Seniors!
Need information regarding post-secondary planning, graduation requirements, Bright Future’s Scholarship, etc? You can now watch senior seminars for the c/o 2013 online at: http://www.schooltube.com/channel/guidancedepartment/
Parents we are having some serious safety concerns in the parent drop off car circle in the mornings. Numerous complaints have been brought to administration’s attention that some students are being dropped off on the left side of the car circle with is used as a passing lane. This is extremely dangerous maneuver! Please only let you student out on the far right next to the sidewalk.
Parents we have received concerns about vehicles using the Lake Seminole Village neighborhood as a morning shortcut and U-turn. Please be mindful of traffic laws and possible safety and property damage by making such a maneuver.
OSCEOLA HIGH SCHOOL 2012-2013 MEETING DATES
Click here to download a .pdf of all OFHS meeting dates for the school year. This includes all dates for the School Leadership Team, Faculty Meetings, Department meetings, School Advisory Council, PTSA, Intervention Appeals Committee, Booster Meetings, and Back to School Night.